Already started your business? Or been in the game a while?
Some established businesses come to us because they:
- Have grown so fast that their back office has fallen apart and they feel like they are chasing their tail and things are getting out of control.
- Need help with all things compliance (HR, WHS, Fair Work etc). If you would like to buy our Compliance Self Review Questionnaire - you can read more about it here.
- Have the tax man chasing them.
- Are being interrogated by Fair Work, Workplace Health & Safety Inspectors, Work Cover and the like.
- Are no longer making a profit or seem to be working harder to make the same.
- Are frustrated by relentlessly having to engage and motivate their staff, or sort out people squabbles.
- Have suffered some form of disaster – health/accident related or even a natural disaster and they are looking to us to help steady the ship and get everything back in order.
- Want help finding some real $ savings and developing ways to boost productivity.
- Need us to conduct a business health check to make sure that there are no hidden time bombs ticking away or ways it improve!
- Want to see if they are charging enough for their product / service and making the profit they deserve.
- Want help to grow and diversify their business either geographically or through generating different income streams when they were not sure how to go about it.
- Know they could get more out of their staff but aren’t sure how to.
- Are need help to sleep better at night knowing they are meeting their compliance obligations (Fair Work, Work Cover, Workplace Health & Safety). Ensuring that compliance is achieved in such a way that it actually adds value to the business rather than being a burden of extra paperwork slowing down $ making
Click through to read more on a variety of our services below.
Business Plan, Growth & Strategic Reviews
Do you need to review and evolve your business plan? Do you know what your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats are? Are you looking to grow your business? We can workshop with you the current state of your business and help you to assess the viability of growth through areas such as:
- Changing or increasing the types products and services you provide
- Generating extra sales
- Geographic expansion
- Economies of Scale (doing things more efficiently to reduce the average cost of selling)
- Managing growth effectively so you don't lose control
In a few hours we can map out with you an A3 Page Road Map for your business showing you where it is now, where you want it to be and what Action Items are required to make it happen!
We can cover everything from marketing to operations, human resources, WHS, technology, client needs, products, prices, profit and loss forecasts..... the list goes on and on!
Do you need a hand building a website? Or refinind the one you have?
Perhaps the language in your existing site doesn't hit the mark for your customer? And you need a hand making it connect with them better.
Or perhaps you need an e-commerce website?
Do you understand all the techo language that goes with building a website? e.g. sliders, tags, payment facilities, social sharing and the like.
Do you want something that suits your business and client needs that isn't overkill, is affordable, and is easy for someone in your team to self-manage?
We can assist you with building your website or training someone in your team on how to!
And, better still, we can write great content to suit your target customer.
Paperless Office, Cloud Computing, Working Mobile, Document Management System - aka Kitchen Draws
Do you have an electronic filing system for every single thing in your business?
Is this system easy to navigate and replicable?
Can everyone in the team put their hands (within seconds!) on any file at any time from anywhere in the world?
Sick and tired of piles of paper?
Do you find yourself wasting time going back to the office to get a document, a quote, an invoice, a receipt?
Is your document management system (DMS) as easy to navigate and use that it feels as intuitive as navigating a kitchen and kitchen draws of a home? AND without any instruction from anyone else?
Are you stuck in a business where everyone has their own filing convention? So if they are away finding files can be a bit of torture?
At Sync or Swim we believe a businesses filing system should be as simple to navigate as kitchen draws. It should be intuitive, it should allow anyone to come and go, it should be centric around the client and the business operations and not the people in it! And, you should be able to access it from anywhere in the world!
Sync or Swim are specialists at finding ways to work smarter, not harder! We can enable you to be paperless and to be able to have everything at your fingertips in a matter of seconds.... anywhere in the world!
Read more about our different techniques:
- Tony's scanning and shredding services
- Document Management System - aka Kitchen Draws!
- PDF Form Development
- Cloud based data storage setup and training
Are you stuck using many paper based forms?
Do you want to make the form process electronic? Including signatures?
Do you want to be able to have forms completed by clients in their own time?
Or would you like to be able to get them done anywhere in the world while you are on the road?
Electronic signatures, radio buttons, drop down lists, tick boxes, formulas - all these things can erradicate the chance for human error!
Submit buttons can ensure the form can be submitted to a predetermined email address to streamline your admin.
On average forms take 2 hours per page and once they are built you own them for life without any recurring fees.
Survey & Questionnaire Development
Do you need to issue a survey to clients, your employees, your contractors?
Do you want to make a questionnaire for new clients to populate?
Maybe an employee engagement survey?
Perhaps a customer feedback form?
We use a variety of software and tools to help automate this, including the collection of responses and data analysis and reportings capability. We can allow for anonymity if needed, file/document uploads, if this then that style decision trees etc etc.
You name it, we can build it!
Human Resources (HR) & Recruitment
Sync or Swim provide the full suite of HR and Recruitment Services. We are different to HR Consultancies & Recruitment Agencies and our customers attest that is for the better!
As our client you can opt into or out of each and every one of our service offerings. And, you can ask to be coached on the task/activity so that you can own it in house in the future. Or you can simply outsource it completely if you have better things to do!
We charge an hourly rate or a fixed quote rated, depending on the task. With recruitment, we never charge %'s of salary's, and we don't churn and burn applicants that are not suitable!
Given we have a relationship with you for other business services, we don't want to harm that, so we must get the HR & Recruitment stuff done right, or you won't use us for anything else! Plus, we know your business, we get it, we have experienced the culture, so we know who will fit. We are pleased to report we have a 100% strike rate on choosing the right person! Just ask our clients.
Plus, our ability to help you write the position description, job advert and employment contract to Fair Work standards and Modern Awards, means we can hold your hand or execute on your behalf from start to finish.
We ensure you not only end up with the right person, but you are compliant at the same time!
Resume Builder and LinkedIn Profile
Your resume is a marketing tool about you! We have spent years working in business and for business owners- we know how to make your CV stand out to a prospective employer. Need help? Click the link below to find out more:
Workplace Health & Safety
Sync or Swim provide an independent review of your WHS Systems and we make sure we make it add value....not just another tick and flick task!
We have a reputation these days for Making Safety Sexy!
Do you understand all of this jargon - "WHS System", "WHS Manual", "WHS Forms", "Registers", "Checklists", "SWMS/JSA's/WMS", "Incident Reporting" ???
Are you consulting routinely and regulalry with your workers (employes AND subbies/contractors) on WHS improvements, initiatives, and the like?
Do you have an emergency plan?
Do you have an Induction Programme for your workers to demonstrate the training that is needed to meet safety requirements?
Are you able to run your whole WHS Safety System in the field if you work offsite? And is it all syncronising back to the office in real time?
Are you aware of the fines, potential gaol time and consequences of not being able to prove you have an actively working system?
Have you had accidents in the workplace and put in place changed training, systems, processes and the like to ensure it doesn't happen again?
Do you need to be aligned or accredited to the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System International Standards AS/NZS 4801?
If any of these questions confuse or worry you, then it is best you pick up the phone and talk to us about what you need!
Food Quality & Safety
Sync or Swim can provide Food Safety & Quality insight to help you gain certification and generally improve your operations.
Danielle in our team is a qualified Food Safety & Quality Consultant with a Bachelor of Applied Science (including Food Science & Technology along with a Bachelor of Management). Danielle has over 12 years experience in the food manufacturing industry, and can provide your business with the following services:
- A food safety plan to meet the requirements of your local council food business registration.
- A HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) based food safety program to meet the requirements of regulatory bodies such as PrimeSafe and the Department of Agriculture
- Safety plans to meet internationally renowned GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) standards. This includes the likes of SQF & BRC requirements.
- Danielle has assisted businesses to meet the various customer & supplier requirements for the likes of Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, along with smaller business needs such as childcare providers.
- A gap analysis or audit of an existing food safety plan that is already in place. This may include a walk through of your business site or plant; a review of existing documentation and the like.
Having a third party review of an existing system can help you to determine any gaps prior to your expensive certification audit (saves you money in getting the auditor back time and again to rectify any problems they find).
And if you are lacking in a system at all, then Danielle can hold your hand to help you get one in place!
We are big believers in productive business at Sync or Swim but also bigger believers in safety and quality control. So don't hesitate to get in touch for an opinion on what you do or do not have in place!
ISO - QMS, OHS, EMS etc
SOS CSI - Hardcore Independent Business Review
Do you need an independent health check on your business?
Do things not add up or make sense? Money coming in but no profit to show?
Do you think you could work smarter?
Are you losing sleep at night worrying about things in your business?
Are you concerned a member of your team might not be performing in their role.... at all?
Sync or Swim have been referred to as many things over the years, here are a few:
- Business Doctor - like a doctor we ask enough questions to help you diagnose your problems and opportunities!
- SOS CSI - whilst a crime may not have been committed, we are very good at scanning your premises from top to bottom and finding the holes, weaknesses, opportunities and sometimes we do suprisingly accidentally uncover fraud or negligence! And... sometimes clients do come to us because they believe there is serious negligence taking place in a role and they want a second opinion!
- Nanny McPhee - classic kids movie and character who enters your life, and turns everything ugly into something beautiful and then leaves you with a better life :-)
We have been used by boards, committees, private companies, NFPO's and the like to help uncover mysteries, clean up messes, investigate issues, implement quick win improvements.
Marketing Plans, Copyrighting, Social Media
Do you have a useful marketing plan in place?
Do you truly understand what your product or service is and how it adds value to the client?
Do you know the language your customer uses to describe your business and the things they love about it?
Do you know your point of difference to your competitors? And is that difference compelling?
Does your marketing material have content that is written at the street level, with no jargon and easily connects to the potential customer reading it? Is it emotionally binding for the client? Does it make them understand who you are and does it make them want to work with you?
Do you understand your brand? Do your people understand your brand and are they an extension of that brand?
Do you have the right social media assets in place for your business? Do you know how to use them? When it is best to post? What content to post and what not to post? Is it driving traffic to your website and to get in contact with you?
Do you have a need for copywriting - for example brochure content; website content; blogging content; newspaper articles; editorials etc.
Sometimes you are too deep in your business you need an outsider's perspective to help you articulate your business, its point of difference and the value it brings. Sync or Swim have a very unique way of helping businesses build the right language and piles of content for their marketing needs.
Spreadsheeting Tools & Reporting - Guru Style
Do you have a smart set of automated reporting for your business?
Would you like a quoting tool built?
Financial Reports? Productivity Reports? Operational Reports?
Do you have a dashboard that lets you know how you are preforming?
Are you using any spreadsheets but they are all a bit manual, clunky, and not automated?
Would you like your spreadsheets automated using questions and answers, drop down boxes, automated formulas and the like?
Would you like your payroll data imported into your accounting software?
You dream it and we can build it and it will be so sophisticated it will blow you away!!
Remote IT Log In Services
Yep - you read it right. We remote log into many of our clients computers to help them with everything from why their keyboard isn't working through to fixing a printer connection, setting up their emails, creating a kick-arse formula in excel or formatting a word document.
If there is any kind of problem you are facing on your computer or with your technology we can normally help you! And, we can often do it with no notice.... you never know your luck. Just call!